Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Course Review #2

1. What are you doing well?
I am doing well with writing down what I need to do. I am doing well at keeping record of what is done and what still needs to be accomplished. My organization skills have gotten better. I am doing better at studying the material and finding connections to help me remember what I have learned. I am doing well with using graphic organizers to help me remember what I read and what I have learned about in class.

2. What are you not doing well?
I am still having trouble finding time to read everything in the chapters. I am seeing myself save the reading for the last minute because I do not have any time.

3. Are you making sufficient progress on your goals?
I feel I am doing pretty well at accomplishing my goals. I am going to class every day, I am actually taking a step in my learning by really paying attention, and working hard to understand the material presented. The goal that I feel I am doing the best in is using my calendar to help keep me better organized.

4. List specific things you need to change in order to meet your goals.
Specific things I feel needs to be changed in order for me to meet my goals more accurately is setting a time where I read the chapters. I need to start reading the chapters earlier on rather than saving it right before the test. I have noticed it is more overwhelming. Another thing I noticed I need to change is my mind set on the study guides. I need to focus and really think about the thought questions. I have notice this helps me on the test and so I need to work harder to answer them with more detail.

5. How is your motivation? Are you focusing on mastery or performance goals? Does anything need to change?
I would say I still have good motivation. I am really enjoying this class and so my self-motivation is helping a lot. I have interest in what we are learning about and the activities we do in class have a lot to do with my interest in the subject. I am wavering more to focusing on my mastery goals. I know I struggle with the mind frame of getting something done and then I do not have to worry about it anymore. However, after taking this last test, I really got to see how well I did by taking the information I learned and studied into doing well and remembering it forever. For me to still do well with my goals, I need to review them more frequently and remind myself what I want to get out of this class and what I need to do better in on doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment