Monday, April 26, 2010

Course Contract #4

1. What are you doing well?

I am doing well remembering what we learn in class. While studying for the final exam, I have been able to remember important information we have learned from the very beginning. Another thing I have done well is taking the information we have learned in class and used it in my field experience. I was able to observe the students and without realizing what I was doing, I was re-calling what stages certain kids were in or thinking about why they were doing such things. I was also able to see how the token economy works in a classroom and saw the affects of it. I have also done well at looking over my notes and refreshing my brain of what has been learned. This has helped me to not lose the information.

2. What are you not doing well?

Some things that I still struggle with are setting apart specific time to study for this class. There is so much to do that I tend to mix it all together, which hurts me in the long run because I am not fully understanding all that I should. I also seem much more rushed instead of laid back. Something that can help me in the future is to automatically set time to do certain work or to study for specific classes. I should try to get ahead of everything instead of saving it for the last minute and having so much to do in the end.

3. Are you making sufficient progress on your goals?

Yes, I believe I am making sufficient progress on my goals. I have really learned to like note taking and have seen how much of a difference making graphic organizers have helped me. For the most part I have not saved everything for the last minute but I do have to admit there are times this does happen. I have focused my education on truly learning the information and not just memorizing it and walking away at the end of the semester and forgetting it. I have taken an education psychology class before and I feel I have done a good job recalling information I learned then and this class has helped me to gain more. I definitely don't think this class has been a waste of my time because I enjoyed what I have learned and I have made connections to the things we have learned into my personal life. I have also made it a priority to attend every class period. This has been one of my favorite classes and making it so important has helped me accomplish this goal.

4. List specific things you need to change in order to meet your goals.

The first things I would say I need to change in order to meet my goals are first, setting specific time to accomplish homework and studying for this class. I need to learn to rearrange my schedule so I can fit everything in. Time management is a key for my success. Another thing I would say I need to change is still continuing to read every chapter. Sometimes I skim through the readings and rely on class to learn the new information. I need to do better at making something that is more natural and start setting time to read what we will be talking about in class.

5. How is your motivation? Are you focusing on mastery or performance goals? Does anything need to change?

My motivation is good. You have really helped me this semester by making our learning fun and interesting. You have also given us positive feedback and encouragement which is something I tend to draw on. I also love this subject so it makes me excited to learn new things or to review what I have previously learned. I like to talk about what I have learned with my parents and I have seen this helps me and it continues to motivate me. Another motivation for me is how well I have done on the tests. This has boosted my belief in myself and has motivated me to continue to do well. I still believe I have focused on mastery goals because I want to be an amazing teacher and I want to really learn and understand this information for myself and for my future classroom. I have learned if I am not focusing on mastery goals then what I am doing is a waste of time for me because I am not working as hard as I could be. The only thing I can think of that needs to change is my need to prioritize my life better and make studying more important then some other things. This is something I will definitely continue to work on as I go throughout my career and education.

No comments:

Post a Comment