Monday, January 18, 2010

Course Contract Review #1

What are you doing well?
I am doing well with my assignments and really trying to understand the key points on the study guides. I am also doing well with using my calendar. I am writing down my assignments and marking when they are due. I have also designated a box to check off when it is finished.

What are you not doing well?
I am not doing well with working with different study strategies. I have already noticed myself going back to my normal routine because I don't have enough time. I am not making flash cards. I am also only using a calendar to record my assignments. I have not used the time table calendar.

Are you making sufficient progress on your goals?
I feel I am making progress on my goals just taking it one step at a time. I am allowing time to do my assignments and am achieving them all because of my calendar.

List specific things you need to change in order to meet your goals.
Although I am doing well with some of my goals, there are still some that I am struggling with. Specific things I need to change is taking better notes. I am still highlighting and doing my study guides, but I am not using the studying strategies for everything I read. I also need to designate more time for this class to work on my assignments and read.

How is your motivation? Are you focusing on mastery or performance goals? Does anything need to change?
My motivation was great at the beginning of this class and although it has only been two weeks, I am already seeing my motivation go down. This week was a hard week due to personal problems and I really noticed that it had an affect on my motivation to get things done. I didn't allow as much time as I should have to do things in this class. I didn't space out my study time but did do it all at once. I am still focusing on mastery goals because I want to understand and improve. I need to prioritize my schedule better. Since I am not fulfilling my motivation to the fullest, I think I should try and use extrinsic motivation to get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment